Organizing TLUG/newTLUG meeting for Tuesday

Bill Mudry billmudry-MwcKTmeKVNQ at public.gmane.org
Sun Nov 7 01:55:28 UTC 2004

At 08:18 PM 11/6/04 -0500, you wrote:
>On Sat, Nov 06, 2004 at 12:54:50AM -0500, Bill Mudry wrote:
> >
> > Why not start with a website that ties all Canadian LUG's together. I have
> > no idea who would manage it but it would be great to have one area to
> > go where you could know what areas do have LUG's, how to be in
> > touch, meeting times and places for each one, news from each one all
> > on one site, announcements of Canadian projects and releases, etc.
> > Imagine travelling on holidays and being able to look up meetings to
> > attend in other cities.
>
>Already exists:
>
>http://www.linux.ca/

I had thought there was but could not remember the name. Sorry to be
forgetful. I was surprised how many LUG's there are across Canada, at least 63!
Goodness, there are 23 groups in Ontario alone, including places
I had mentioned in messages before like Niagara, Barrie, Peterborough,
London, Kitchner and even another group, Pegasoft, in Toronto.

In recognition of that, the concept of groups for different geographical
areas is already *well* realized. It makes it harder to relate to why,
then, there should be objections to a group in Mississauga, a separate
city from Toronto.

Thanks Steve for sending me there :-).

Bill