Organizing TLUG/newTLUG meeting for Tuesday

Bill Mudry billmudry-MwcKTmeKVNQ at public.gmane.org
Sat Nov 6 05:54:50 UTC 2004

At 12:29 AM 11/6/04 -0500, you wrote:
>No..i agree fully.. I just wanted to ensure the survival of the TLUG
>meeting for the downtown crowed.
>
>By all mean please spring up LUGs all over.
>
>What i would like to see is more cooperation between the LUGs.. I coming
>from Ottawa OCLUG.on.ca we had something really good going there.
>
>Some co-operation between LUGs is i think crutial in order to take linux
>to the next steps..
>
>Maybe i am going way off topic on this.. but i hope you get my point..

Why not start with a website that ties all Canadian LUG's together. I have
no idea who would manage it but it would be great to have one area to
go where you could know what areas do have LUG's, how to be in
touch, meeting times and places for each one, news from each one all
on one site, announcements of Canadian projects and releases, etc.
Imagine travelling on holidays and being able to look up meetings to
attend in other cities.

A further step could include invitations for articles Linux-related from
Canadian authors. If the Linuxcaffe.ca works out really well, an article
on this as a model could inspire similar central meeting places in other
parts of Canada.

There is *bound* to be apparent and hidden advantages to anything that
would unite the Linux community more.