Organizing TLUG/newTLUG meeting for Tuesday

Bill Mudry billmudry-MwcKTmeKVNQ at public.gmane.org
Sat Nov 6 04:29:06 UTC 2004

At 10:00 PM 11/5/04 -0500, you wrote:
>Bill Mudry wrote:

>>>If I'm not mistaken, a plan to meet Tuesday at linuxcaffe was put forth,
>>>and only positive reactions were voiced. If that's not the case, and the
>>>membership as a whole would rather meet in Mississauga, then it would
>>>great to know that, as I'll stop scrambling to get the place ready for
>>>Tuesday !

>>I am all for meetings at Linuxcaffe. It is also more central and easier
>>to get to
>>for those of us in the west than it has been. However, there is
>>eventually a limit
>>of practicality on how far people can and are willing to travel. All recent
>>discussions were for the formation of another complementary group for those
>>who find it a long ways to go to meetings as they have been.
>
>Then maybe you should call it something other than TLUG or NewTLUG.
>Something like MissTLUG or MissPlaced or MissFit might be more appropriate.

I agree with something like MissLug, but why the flaming with the other two
names?? All this is
so new that a new name was just not brought up yet. Oops, expanded that
would be
Miss. Toronto Linux Users Group, a contradiction.
How about MissLUG and newMissLUG? No preference meant here for gender ;-).

Bill