Need a hand to set up Apache2 jk-mod2 to work with Tomcat 5.0.28

Zbigniew Koziol zkoziol-Zd07PnzKK1IAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri Nov 5 23:37:19 UTC 2004

Frank Peng wrote:

> Yes, I have ant installed. The compiler is looking for
> ../somewhere/util directory. But this directory never
> show up in the Tomcat. I wonder if I should compile
> Tomcat to get an util directory or just put the
> jk-mod.so into Apache's ../modules directory.

Put jk-mod.so into apache/modules directory. You need to add entries in
httpd.cnf to use it.

Tomcat does not need compilation. Ant is not necessary therefore, unless
you want to use things on a less common platform.

You mentioned postgres - you will need some sort of jar file working as
a sort of postgres driver - without that you will not ne able to
connect. I am not so much familiar nor and enthusiats of Tomcat or Java
but I use it (at work). If you wish to ask more - write privately,
providing also more technical details.

zb.