User mounting smbfs

James Knott james.knott-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Fri Nov 5 04:28:08 UTC 2004

Martin C wrote:
> Hi
>
> --- James Knott <james.knott-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org> wrote:
>
>>allows a user to mount an smb share?  It works fine,
>>when mounting as
>>root, without the user option specified.
>

> chmod +s /usr/bin/smbmnt
> chmod +s /usr/bin/smbumount

I've already tried that.  Also, on my system /usr/bin/smbmnt is a sym link
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           25 2004-06-30 15:02
/usr/bin/smbmnt -> /var/lib/samba/bin/smbmnt
which in turn is another sym link
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           29 2004-11-04 15:33
/var/lib/samba/bin/smbmnt -> /usr/lib/samba/classic/smbmnt

> I'm using the program smb4k (http://smb4k.berlios.de/)
> is so cool, and it let you mount shares and navigate
> them with konqueror. Is a KDE app, but very useful.

I'll have to look into that.

tnx