CDROM Booting Problems

Adam Raymond streetsmart2-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri Nov 5 00:15:39 UTC 2004

On Thu, 4 Nov 2004 18:38:56 -0500, Lennart Sorensen
> There are multiple modes of CD booting, and many BIOSs don't support
> them all (some only supprot whatever microsoft uses on their CDs).
>
> Win98 CDs tend to use 1.44MB floppy emulation, while NT4 and above tend
> to use 'no emulation' boot.  Many linux CDs use no emulation not (using
> isolinux or similar) while some use 1.44 or more often 2.88MB floppy
> emulation.  If your bios doesn't correctly support that it might make
> the CD unreadable for booting.
>
> Is the CD driver master or slave, and on which ide connector?  what is
> it sharing a cable with if anything?
>
> Is 'PnP OS Installed' set to yes or no in the bios?
>
> Lennart Sorensen

The CD drive is slave and is on connector 1. I have my hard drive on master.

The PnP OS Installed option is set to NO. In the bios. I tyred to set
it to yes, and the same error occurred.

Just to update. I don't get an invalid system disk error anymore. It
says booting from CD ROM: Failure. Then says press any key to reboot.

- Adam Raymond