Linux research

Marc-A.Meunier mmeunier-CJSYgLv4PtgsQv5ZqcSHkQ at public.gmane.org
Thu Nov 4 21:44:53 UTC 2004

Scott,

This research is NOT funded by Microsoft or any other vendor. AMR is not a MS
partner in the sense of development partner, reselling partner or advocate.
Microsoft is a client and so is IBM, HP, Oracle, Novell and a long list of
others that support or distribute linux and open source software.

I am not asking you to believe in IT research firms but if you want to know
what AMR's position is on open source, I invite you to visit our website and do
a search on linux. I doubt you will find much fuel to a MS conspiracy.

Or come to our conference on Nov 17, and listen to our session "Proprietary
software, open source, or both: How does my IT strategy evolve to take
advantage of the best platform for each job in the future?" with both:

Martin Taylor, General Manager, Platform Strategy, Microsoft
and
David Patrick, Vice Chairman and General Manager, Linux Products, Novell

Thanks,

-M