CDROM Booting Problems

Steve bassix-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Nov 4 18:31:19 UTC 2004

On Wed, 3 Nov 2004 16:23:57 -0500, Adam Raymond <streetsmart2-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> I was trying to install slackware onto a p2 system I had lying around.
> I set the bios to boot from CD. When I popped in the CD, and reboot. I
> got a CD ROM boot failure. The error after is:
>
> Invalid system disk.
> Please insert a new disk, and press any key.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks!
>
> --
> - Adam Raymond -

I have a P3 machine at work that *sometimes* won't boot a CD. For some
reason, the network card will only work in NT if the BIOS is set to
"PLUG-AND-PLAY OS? -NO-". However to boot from these problem CD's, I
have to set the BIOS to "PLUG-AND-PLAY OS? -YES-". Not sure if that
will help you... The error I usually got was different from yours
(ATAPI error).

-Steve.