CDROM Booting Problems

Adam Raymond streetsmart2-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Nov 4 14:43:41 UTC 2004

On Thu, 4 Nov 2004 09:40:40 -0500, Adam Raymond <streetsmart2-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> I made a boot disk, got into the install setup. But It couldn't detect
> my CDROM again!!! I went to #slackware on efnet, and they told me to
> see if a windows disk would boot. It did boot fine. So they suggested
> I re burn the CD, I did, and the boot failed again.
>
> I burned the newest version of gentoo, and I got the same error.
>
> I'm all out of ideas...

Just to tell you all, I have used the burned isos on other systems, so
I am burning the CD's right.

Iam booting from CD(using the bios option). The only thing I can think
of is the battery. I currently do not have the CMOS battery on my
motherboard. I have yet to replace it. But I don't think that has
anything to do with my problem, since the windows 98 CD booted fine.

- Adam R