router/firewall hardware advice

Alex Maynard amaynard-vQ8rsROW2HJSpjfjxSPG1fd9D2ou9A/h at public.gmane.org
Mon Nov 1 19:58:17 UTC 2004

Sorry to revert to an old post -- justed wanted to say thank you and that
my router problem is resolved now. Lennart's post below, that PPPoE should
be used with a fixed IP provider cleared up a lot of confusion for me. My provider also
had me lower the MTU and log in as test at test prior to actually logging in,
which for reasons I don't entirely understand, seemed to do the trick.

Alex