Power [Mostly OT]

Joseph Kubik josephkubik-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Nov 1 15:31:40 UTC 2004

DISCLAIMER: I AM NOT A LICENSED ELECTRICIAN, Do not follow this advice
without applying intelligence and common sense and possibly hiring an
electrician.
on second thought, I'm not sure you should follow this advice at all.

And DEFINITELY HIRE AN Electrician.

The "easyiest" thing I can think of is:
At the top, or bottom, there should be a "main disconnect" turn it to "off"
ADD 2 110V new breakers of the correct type for your breaker box.
      Add one on the left and one on the right - (2 different "live"
feeds of 110V and 1 ground is what goes into your house)
Wire an outlet to each breaker.
Attach a UPS to each outlet
Attach a laptop with UPS logging software to each ups.
Set the UPSs to log all power events, and set them to uber sensitive
NOW, are the blips registered at the same time on both lines?
If you are still having trouble in the house, but not seeing it at the
breaker box the problem is in your house.
else, convince someone down the st to allow you to try this at their house.
Then, call the power / hydro co and show the techs the logs from your
ups and see if you can convince them to care.
-Joseph-