postgres/perl, autocommit and BEGIN; COMMIT;

William Park opengeometry-FFYn/CNdgSA at public.gmane.org
Mon May 31 18:20:42 UTC 2004

On Mon, May 31, 2004 at 09:45:06AM -0400, Fraser Campbell wrote:
> In future projects I may chose postgresql but more from licensing
> concerns than technical ones (I expect).  I'll probably also give
> something like sqlite a go, it's not like I'm trying to run a gun
> registry ;-)

Arrgh...  Original $2 Million is about right, if you consider the
payroll for people opening the envelopes and doing the paperworks.  The
cost will be lower if it's done online.  But, $2 Billion !!!  Maybe we
should retain the guys who were able to sell this to the government.  We
Linux guys REALLY need this kind of salesmanship and expertise. ;-)

--
William Park, Open Geometry Consulting, <opengeometry-FFYn/CNdgSA at public.gmane.org>
Slackware -- because I can type.