Redhat installation problems

hui xu louiehui_xu-FFYn/CNdgSA at public.gmane.org
Mon May 31 14:24:59 UTC 2004

All,

I have met a problem when I install redhat 9.0 on my friend's compacQ computer. Could somebody help me out? The problem is:

1. I installed the redhat 9.0 with formating all the partitions in the computer( windows xp was on it before). The installation process was successfully.

2. After installation, I booted the computer. I got the following information and the computer stoped there.
 Initializing RT netlink socket
Apm: BIOS Version1.2 Flags 0X0b (Driver version 1.6)

Doese anybody have experience with it ?

Thanks!
Louie

David Colebatch <david-nuEF980otx7IfpyC97YFaV6hYfS7NtTn at public.gmane.org> wrote:
On Monday 31 May 2004 2:34 pm, David J Patrick wrote:
> David Colebatch wrote:
> > Couldn't such a page at tlug's website also help to create a new
> > revenue stream for tlug? Paid advertisements etc. can work well, and
> > since tlug would be in control, rather than a free-for-all, it could
> > be controlled in such a way as not to deter people.
> >
> > Just my 2 cents :)
> >
> > -David
>
> I think TLUG linux related sales / services page is long overdue.
> The membership includes some very talented folks who have been known to
> offer consulting / programming services, as well as hardware sales and
> service. Throw the tux sticker into the mix, and the TLUG commercial
> page(s) will be an important resource. Linix is a better mouse trap and
> the world will want to beat a path to it's door.
> Why not make www.tlug.ss.org/sales and www.tlug.ss.org/service that door ?
> djp

And why we're at it, how about a linux jobs/projects site? :)

I get the feeling there are an endless number of _things_ which people would
like added to the site.

-David
--
The Toronto Linux Users Group. Meetings: http://tlug.ss.org