postgres/perl, autocommit and BEGIN; COMMIT;

David Colebatch david-nuEF980otx7IfpyC97YFaV6hYfS7NtTn at public.gmane.org
Mon May 31 05:39:50 UTC 2004

On Monday 31 May 2004 10:39 am, Ilya Palagin wrote:
> cbbrowne-HInyCGIudOg at public.gmane.org wrote:

> > By the way, which properly-tuned benchmark did you base the "faster"
> > categorization on?  PostgreSQL used to be slow, back in the 7.0 days,
> > but that was back in the last millennium...
>
> Well, it's an image.  MySQL has been considered the fastest one (don't
> forget
> about absence of referential integrity, stored procedures, subqueries).
>   Maybe
> situation has changed since 4.1 version was released, not sure.

I remember reading an interview with the MySQL head-honcho in a Linux Journal
~12months ago.  He said that Stored Procedures and subqueries were in the
pipeline, but also, that he would like MySQL to be as scalable and flexible
ass possible.  So, you could probably omit a whole lot of features which
would slow transactions down during your ./configure (If you build from
source)

I think someone was going to port/package a cut down mysqld for the Zaurus! (I
should look into that...)

-David