postgres/perl, autocommit and BEGIN; COMMIT;

Madison Kelly linux-5ZoueyuiTZhBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Mon May 31 00:22:00 UTC 2004

William Park wrote:
> On Sun, May 30, 2004 at 07:53:30PM +0000, Ilya Palagin wrote:
>
>>Are you sure that you need PostgreSQL for your project?  MySQL is faster
>>and more simple.  It's the best choise for simple databases like yours
>>(I suppose that backup database is simple).
>

> Or, even regular text file.

No, that I can safely say wouldn't be a good idea.

I started off recording partition information to raw text files and it
was a nightmare keeping it straight. Switching to a database cut the
number of line in half and made the program a lot more reliable. I am
sure it made it slower though but the reliability was needed. Maybe a
better programmer could make text files work (I am still pretty much a
n00b, after all).

Madison