Ont Education Ministry goes for Star Office

Walter Dnes waltdnes-SLHPyeZ9y/tg9hUCZPvPmw at public.gmane.org
Mon May 31 00:02:59 UTC 2004

On Fri, May 28, 2004 at 06:47:44AM -0400, James Knott wrote

> >Good info.  Unfortunately, it doesn't say how much they paid.
> >

> Probably a bit less than they would for MS Office.  I wonder why they
> didn't go for OpenOffice?
>
> Hopefully they'll tell the kids about OO, so that they can install it on
> their home computers.

  StarOffice has support-from-a-known-large-company (warm-n-fuzzies for
an MBA PHB).  And I believe StarOffice also has a GUI database similar
to Access.  Is there a free/GPL/BSD/whatever program that compares ?

Email users are divided into two classes;
1) Those who have effective spam-blocking
2) Those who wish they did