Reasons for running NT 4

Rob Sutherland rob-HoWcdTCbwWKHoZZAE0nKLw at public.gmane.org
Sun May 30 15:01:36 UTC 2004

On Sun, 30 May 2004 09:51:46 -0400
"Rick Tomaschuk" <rickl-ZACYGPecefkNbK0NzMECUg at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> I've posted a few now things on http://www.TorontoNUI.ca including Linuxworld, San
> Francisco in case your summer holiday plans are still open and Laura Chappell
> (Packet Level Security) who will be in Toronto in August. Below is a great article
> relating opportunities to replace NT 4 with Linux.
> RickT -- http://www.TorontoNUI.ca

I guess the support for NT is being extended, although this article doesn't
mention it specifically:

http://www.techworld.com/opsys/news/index.cfm?newsid=1625

Anyone know for sure?

I threw a bunch of NT/Linux related links together when I was researching
my LinuxWorld article, they're at:

http://www.memeshadow.net/twiki/bin/view/Main/NTToLinux

I'm interested - you consultants out there, what percentage of migrations
are you seeing as opposed to new installs? Is it going up?

Rob

Rob Sutherland - rob-HoWcdTCbwWKHoZZAE0nKLw at public.gmane.org
Computer Support at http://www.cheapersafer.com