(Commercial) Tux Sticker

hui xu louiehui_xu-FFYn/CNdgSA at public.gmane.org
Fri May 28 18:38:27 UTC 2004

All,

Another way to do it is to create a BBS website. So the person who want to sell and buy stuff can go to that web to post and searching for the stuff they need. By this way, Our members do not  warry about recieving lots of commercial emails. But we need one person to take care of that websit. I am interesting to do that if the way is acceptable.

Best regards!
Louie

Robert Brockway <robert-5LEc/6Zm6xCUd8a0hrldnti2O/JbrIOy at public.gmane.org> wrote:
On Fri, 28 May 2004, John Vetterli wrote:

> I agree that too many business interests "hawking their wares" on this
> list would drive too many people away. I can also accept the idea that
> allowing one would just be opening the floodgates.

This is my fear.

> Then again, providing a forum for linux oriented businesses would be the
> sort of thing a LUG would want to do, wouldn't it?

For sure. The convention followed by other LUGs I've been involved with
is for the person wanting to make a commercial post to seek the blessing
of the club executive or an authorised officer before doing so.

One easy way to do this is to have a moderated list which is subscribed to
the main list. Commercial posts are sent to the moderated list. The club
needs to be prepared to review moderated posts in a timely manner.

Rob

--
Robert Brockway B.Sc. email: robert-5LEc/6Zm6xCUd8a0hrldnti2O/JbrIOy at public.gmane.org, rbrockway-cFo9iiqjkw8eIZ0/mPfg9Q at public.gmane.org
The Toronto Linux Users Group. Meetings: http://tlug.ss.org