(Commercial) Tux Sticker

Robert Brockway robert-5LEc/6Zm6xCUd8a0hrldnti2O/JbrIOy at public.gmane.org
Fri May 28 16:40:08 UTC 2004

On Fri, 28 May 2004, John Vetterli wrote:

> I agree that too many business interests "hawking their wares" on this
> list would drive too many people away.  I can also accept the idea that
> allowing one would just be opening the floodgates.

This is my fear.

> Then again, providing a forum for linux oriented businesses would be the
> sort of thing a LUG would want to do, wouldn't it?

For sure.  The convention followed by other LUGs I've been involved with
is for the person wanting to make a commercial post to seek the blessing
of the club executive or an authorised officer before doing so.

One easy way to do this is to have a moderated list which is subscribed to
the main list.  Commercial posts are sent to the moderated list.  The club
needs to be prepared to review moderated posts in a timely manner.

Rob

--
Robert Brockway B.Sc. email: robert-5LEc/6Zm6xCUd8a0hrldnti2O/JbrIOy at public.gmane.org, rbrockway-cFo9iiqjkw8eIZ0/mPfg9Q at public.gmane.org