(Commercial) Tux Sticker

John Vetterli jvetterli-zC6tqtfhjqE at public.gmane.org
Fri May 28 15:28:51 UTC 2004

On Thu, 27 May 2004, hui xu wrote:
> I think that it is not a good way to forbid sending commercial email to
> LUG. Because some of these commercial email may be useful for us.
> My suggestion is that we may need to create a new email list which is
> used for exchanging commercial information among members. such as
> exchange used computers or compents. If everybody agree, I would like to
> do it .

My two cents' worth:

Or, if not a commercial mailing list, how about a page or two on the TLUG
web site?

I agree that too many business interests "hawking their wares" on this
list would drive too many people away.  I can also accept the idea that
allowing one would just be opening the floodgates.

Then again, providing a forum for linux oriented businesses would be the
sort of thing a LUG would want to do, wouldn't it?

Okay, that was only one cent's worth.  Here's your change. :)

JV
--
What's a sig?