Postgres/Perl performance help needed

Marcus Brubaker marcus.brubaker-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Wed May 26 01:21:46 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-05-25 at 16:16, Madison Kelly wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>    The intrepid "Asker of questions" is back (so sorry!).
>
>    I am hoping I can pick the brains of those of you here who play with
> postgresql a lot. Maybe you can help me configure the server to be more
> efficient or suggest a different way to approach my code.

Oh yes, now that I think about it, one other suggestion.  Don't use ls.
Traverse the directories by hand.  The overhead of running a process can
be large plus you have to parse the output of ls.  To traverse it what
you'll want to do something like what is described here:
http://iis1.cps.unizar.es/Oreilly/perl/cookbook/ch09_08.htm

or possibly here:
http://iis1.cps.unizar.es/Oreilly/perl/cookbook/ch09_06.htm

Regards,