Officially OT -> Re:My fiscal responcibility...

James Knott james.knott-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Mon May 24 17:25:52 UTC 2004

J. Schaap wrote:
>>"Mnay people have such beliefs, simply because they've been brainwashed
>
> all their lives with such things."<
>
> Judging you by your own standards:
>
> Many people have such *unbeliefs*, simply because they've been
> brainwashed all their lives with such things.

OK, where are the proofs that the Bible is not simply a collection of
fiction?  With science, the goal is to continually refine the knowledge,
not simply accept "that's the way it is", unlike religion, where you're
supposed to accept, without question.

One of the principal causes of the dark ages, was the imposition of
ignorance, by the church.  Ever wonder why only the Christian world was
afflicted by that great loss of knowledge?  Ever wonder why the Arab
world flourished back in those days, only to similarly flounder, when
their beliefs became dominant?  A few hundred years ago, it was accepted
knowledge that the world was flat, even though others had earlier proven
otherwise.  The teachings of the church were that the earth was the
center of the universe.  Those falacies and others have fallen, simply
because people such as Galeleo, Coperinicus and others were willing to
stand up to what religion taught as being correct.

Then we get to religious frauds, such as the Shroud of Turin, which for
centuries was held as an article of faith, by the Catholic church, only
to be shown to be the fraud that it was, when science was allowed to be
applied.  The history of religion is full of such deception.  Perhaps
that's because it's entire foundation is fraudulent.