attn: john moniz: may have virus

Peter L. Peres plp-ysDPMY98cNQDDBjDh4tngg at public.gmane.org
Sun May 23 21:28:42 UTC 2004

On Sun, 23 May 2004, Moniz Family wrote:

> So, is there nothing that can be done about this? I don't particularly
> feel good about my e-mail address being used to send people viruses.

The fastest thing to do would be to run down the list of people you sent
email to, and who run windows, and warn them all to run an antivirus. The
cuplrit may be on the list. Known facts:

- several list members got virused emails, thus whoever got virused had
these addresses in his contact list, therefore he is likely subscribed to
tlug.
- the someone uses rogers cable access and runs windows+exchange

I know nobody who matches this description, if anyone does, do ask him to
run a virus check. I strongly suspect it's someone on the tlug list.

Peter