Officially OT -> Re:My fiscal responcibility...

Madison Kelly linux-5ZoueyuiTZhBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Sun May 23 03:22:54 UTC 2004

Chris F.A. Johnson wrote:
> On Sat, 22 May 2004, Lloyd Budd wrote:
>

>> On 22-May-04, at 22:55, James Knott wrote:
>>
>> You say God it is just fiction .  Prove it ;-)
>

>     Why should one believe in god any more than the monster under the
>     bed? Or the tooth fairy? ......

   Being Buddhist means I too don't believe in god but I do believe in
Khamma and Dhamma (the former being analogous to the laws of physics
that define our physical world except it governs the spiritual world and
the later being the teachings of Buddhism).

   That said, I totally understand and respect other people's beliefs in
god. My mom, for example, is devoutly catholic and even presents surmons
at her church every other Sunday). For her (and others who believe in
god) He/She/It/They is/are a manifestation of the start of creation as
we know and a point to focus on when trying to decide the meaning of
their life and existance. If for no other reason than as a psychological
tool god is both real and important.

   For you and other agnostics you have decided that you don't need to
believe in god or any other higher being and that life simply is. The
trade off is that you need to realize the need, benefit and reality of
god to others as much as they need to understand your lack of need.

   Each group has simply chosen how they will face life and neither is
mopre wrong or right.

Madison