Officially OT -> Re:My fiscal responcibility...

Madison Kelly linux-5ZoueyuiTZhBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Sun May 23 00:00:23 UTC 2004

Chris F.A. Johnson wrote:
>> Religion is a delusion.  Morality is not.
>

>      Religion is a delusion.  Morality is an illusion.

Hi both,

   Now I know you where making a joke (with the possibility that you
were not) but for some here (myself included) "religion" is certainly
not a delusion now is morality an illusion.

   Many people are Atheists or Agnostic and that is fine but for some
religion is key to their life and how they move through it. Morality is
something that is often lacking in this world that, if it was cultured,
would help reduce the endless anger and violence. Isn't Linux
essentially a morality? The morality being that sharing makes for a
better world (in this case software). Profit making aside, everyone in
Linux must contribute to keep the whole going. Look how well it has worked.

   Now if only we could take the Linux morality to other aspects of life
(and beyond kindergarden where the idea still thrives).

Madison