My fiscal responcibility to my company ver. Open Source - advice please

Peter L. Peres plp-ysDPMY98cNQDDBjDh4tngg at public.gmane.org
Sat May 22 17:51:07 UTC 2004

On Sat, 22 May 2004, Lloyd Budd wrote:

> On 21-May-04, at 23:21, Madison Kelly wrote:
> >
> >   Well, on the IBM/Novell being open-source question, I do. IBM is
> > standing up against the first legal challenge to OSS
> Did / does IBM have any choice ?

I guess IBM has all the choices, plus any it makes up on the way. You do
realize that if they put half their mind (and a few percent of their cash)
to it, they can take over *all* other players (including Novell and Oracle
and whoever else is in it now) in this shenanigan, before the current case
finishes sloshing in the courts ?

> not call IBM an OSS Company .

Amen. However, they are getting their feet wet here and there. F. ex. you
are reading this eail courtesy of postfix ...

Peter