'ls' question, splitting and files with spaces in their name...

Madison Kelly linux-5ZoueyuiTZhBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Sat May 22 14:52:15 UTC 2004

With Rick and Jim's input I have my problem solved! The new code snipet is:

  =- snip
	open (LS, "ls -lAQ --full-time '$mnt_dir' 2>&1 |");
	print "<pre>\n";
	while (<LS>)
	{
		s/\n//;
		# The first $perm will be "total"
		($perm, $num, $owner, $group, $size, $date, $time, $time_zone,
$file)=split/\s+/, $_, 9;
  =- snip

Thanks again!!

Madison

PS - If there is a fair argument for switching to 'chomp' I still will.
PPS - I changed the 'ls' call to fix the the time stamp, too.