How to find all man (3) pages ?

Jing Su jingsu-26n5VD7DAF2Tm46uYYfjYg at public.gmane.org
Fri May 21 04:19:40 UTC 2004

>   How do I get a list of all man (3) pages, or man (n) where n is a
> valid number ?  "man man" doesn't help.

well, man pages are sorted by directories...
thus if you look in /usr/man/man3/ you'll see a few pages in there.  Check
your manpath for all the primary man directories; in each one look for a
man3.

another way is probably to do: 'locate man3', which will give you a few
false positives, but you can probably filter out the noise.