My fiscal responcibility to my company ver. Open Source - advice please

Madison Kelly linux-5ZoueyuiTZhBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Wed May 19 03:14:25 UTC 2004

Thanks everyone for commenting, here is an update (a final decision is
still pending). My boss understands my position and argument which
matches with those I heard here. I have also been reading through the
GPL FAQ that Lloyd put me onto which is also proving useful.

What I need to hammer down is if the idea I think we are going to go
with is feasible/legal. I want to release a basic version under
something (I don't think the GPL will do) that is more for a single
server and then have a fuller version for sale (for a period until we
make our money back when we will GPL the whole shebang) as Wil suggested
(and Lance at my work). I just need to figure out what license and still
get the okay from my boss.

Anyway, so far so good and thanks!

Madison