Anyone play with rsync much?

Madison Kelly linux-5ZoueyuiTZhBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Tue May 18 16:14:08 UTC 2004

Hi all,

   I want to use 'rsync' to backup a partition and I plan(ned) to use
the '--exclude-from="/path/to/foo"' and '--exclude-from="/path/to/bar"'
options to build the list of files to exclude (foo) and (I hope) the
exceptions to the excludes (bar).

   For example, Say I want to -not- backup '/home' except for the one
directory '/home/madison' I was thinking I could add '/home' to 'foo'
and then add '/home/madison' to 'bar'. This doesn't work though, the
'--exclude-from' seems to always take precedence regardless of where I
call it. Does anyone have a tip or suggestion on how I could go about
this? Thanks!!

Madison