[Fwd: Re:hpdj692c...salvage or burial?]]

Ron Scott ronjscott-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Tue May 18 02:18:20 UTC 2004

-------- Original Message --------

Subject: Re: [TLUG]: hpdj692c...salvage or
burial?
Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 15:33:11 -0400 (EDT)
From: Henry Spencer <henry-lqW1N6Cllo0sV2N9l4h3zg at public.gmane.org>
To: tlug-lxSQFCZeNF4 at public.gmane.org

On Mon, 17 May 2004, Duncan MacGregor wrote:
> Go to a drugstore and buy a little bottle of 'rubbing alcohol', or isopropyl
> alcohol with 95% ethanol.
> Shopper's Drug Mart "Rubbing Alcohol Compound" has 95% ethanol.

Careful here.  Rubbing alcohol -- that is,
alcohol meant for rubbing on
skin -- often has things like scents added to
it.  The fact that they
aren't present in large quantities doesn't mean
they won't gum things up.

You want the purest isopropyl alcohol you can get
-- preferably, stuff
sold specifically for low-contamination cleaning
applications.

Henry Spencer

henry-lqW1N6Cllo0sV2N9l4h3zg at public.gmane.org

Shoppers Drug Mart sell Life brand ISOPROPANOL 99%
(ISOPROPYL ALCOHOL USP) in a 500 ml container -
slightly more than you need. I have a couple bottles
around; if you live around Markham Rd & Sheppard contact
me directly and I'll give you enough for this cleaning
job.

Ron

--
The Toronto Linux Users Group.      Meetings:
http://tlug.ss.org