burning MP3 blues

Mel Seder melseder-/E1597aS9LQAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri May 14 05:05:43 UTC 2004

I tried burning an audio CD using (Fedora CORE 1) Nautilus.
I put it a blank CD and a burn/// window popped up.
I copied mp3's to it and did a burn.
It plays in my PC when i open the CD and click on a song's icon (xmms gets
fired up) but the CD player app doesn't play it.  As a matter of interest the
following appears on the CD Player Screen.  I didn't burn anything that
resembled the following.
================================
"Disney's Magic Kingdom"
"SpectroMagic Light Parade"
"1-Spectromagic"
It appears as one file/song to my stereo's CD player and no sound is produced.
I've burned (burnt?) MP3's before when I was a couple years younger and I don't
know what is going wrong.

Can anyone give me a command line for burning mp3's in /tmp/burn/ to a CDR
using cdrecord with parameters?

=====
The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him
absolutely no good. -Samuel Johnson, lexicographer (1709-1784)