I need LINUX propositions for my school board ;-)

Kevin Cozens kcozens-qazKcTl6WRFWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org
Thu May 13 16:04:02 UTC 2004

At 01:05 AM 05/13/2004, you wrote:
>My school board is investigating a Citrix + thin-client solution.
>Administrative desktop are currently XP and students win98. They are
>considering Linux for Desktop. Our move....

The first question to ask is "What does the school expect the students to
be able to do with the computers?". What types of programs does the school
want to provide for the students to use? As long as they don't expect to be
running commercial apps for which there is no Linux equivalent you should
be ok.

11. The use of Linux on the machines should also limit the use of the
machines as "game consoles". Students won't be able to install the latest
Windows-based game program so the machines will be used for more productive
activities.

Cheers!

Packet:ve3syb-XXPEJ3/fxIc at public.gmane.org#con.on.ca.na|  Try to assimilate the world!"