KVM switches and X

Fred Nastos nastos-JAjqph6Yjy8fbXvGcxQkLSwD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Thu May 13 01:23:41 UTC 2004

On May 12, 2004 06:45 pm, James Knott wrote:
> Fred Nastos wrote:
> > On May 12, 2004 12:06 pm, Fraser Campbell wrote:
> >
> > The KVM switch I have works fine.  I got it from Sonnam (I don't remember
> > the maker/model/brand... and i'm not in front of it right now).  It
> > claimed to be linux compatible on the box, which is why I got it.  If
> > anyone is intersted I can post the make later.
> >
> > I'd guess it's bad  hardware... does it work under MS Windows?
>
> How could it be "Linux compatible"????

I know... I know... but I thought it was nice that the manufacturer
stuck a penguin on the box.  Notice how many hardware products
(including KVMs) say "MS Windows Compatible" or something
similar, when it's still compatible with others.  Actually, it was the
only KVM switch Sonnam had that day, but anyway...

> Video is video is video, no matter what the operating system.

Yes, of course.  I didn't mean to give the impression otherwise.