KVM switches and X

Mark Wadden mark-/2gyfjYZF1k at public.gmane.org
Wed May 12 16:37:04 UTC 2004

I've had that exact problem before with both Windows and Linux. I tried
multiple machines, cables, etc and it always came back to the KVM itself.

Over the past few years I've tried 5 or 6 different KVMs, from a cheap
2-ports to bigger 24 port switches.  One thing I've noticed is that you
get what you pay for.  The 2 and 4 port switches I tried were utter
garbage (even though they were $200+), but my bigger Belkin switch is
fantastic.  Even after I noticed how good my Belkin was, I tried a smaller
2-port Belkin... more garbage.

Just my $0.02.

-mark