KVM switches and X

Fred Nastos nastos-JAjqph6Yjy8fbXvGcxQkLSwD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Wed May 12 16:24:26 UTC 2004

On May 12, 2004 12:06 pm, Fraser Campbell wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I recently hooked up a new KVM and I am getting horrible video when in X.
> In text mode things appear to be fine.  Doing a bit of research I found
> claims that KVM switches often don't provide enough "bandwidth" for high
> refresh rates such as those used by X.

The KVM switch I have works fine.  I got it from Sonnam (I don't remember
the maker/model/brand... and i'm not in front of it right now).  It claimed to
be linux compatible on the box, which is why I got it.  If anyone is
intersted I can post the make later.

I'd guess it's bad  hardware... does it work under MS Windows?