Linux In Two Cities

William Park opengeometry-FFYn/CNdgSA at public.gmane.org
Fri May 7 07:05:14 UTC 2004

On Thu, May 06, 2004 at 06:27:22PM -0400, Robert Brockway wrote:
> I have unfortunately concluded that most people do not go out and look for
> "what works for me" but rather they look for "what looks like MS-Windows".

Taking one more step... "because it's what I use at work."  Also, you
can buy printer and other peripherals, and just hook it up and insert
CD.  But, for office environment, where boss decides what to install,
Linux is viable option.  Money saving is real, but evidently not
sufficient to offset other factors.  I don't think this is going to
change, until managers are really squeezed on budget or their jobs. :-)

--
William Park, Open Geometry Consulting, <opengeometry-FFYn/CNdgSA at public.gmane.org>
Linux solution/training/migration, Thin-client