making posters in debian/kde

Anthony Tekatch anthony-e6QRBlwUI3iaMJb+Lgu22Q at public.gmane.org
Thu May 6 16:34:41 UTC 2004

> From: Chris Aitken
> Subject: [TLUG]: making posters in debian/kde
>
> I want to make a poster for my business. I've never used graphics
> software.

I made a large poster using software that comes with Debian ... LaTeX.

Because the PDF contains vector draw information, the final PDF is
acceptable to be sent to print shop that prints at 1200dpi or possibly more.

You can check out the source and PDF here:

  http://www.unihedron.com/projects/spectrum/

If you use Gimp (or any bitmap software), be aware of the final printing
resolution.

Cheers,
Anthony