Off-topic: DSL connection

Fred Nastos nastos-JAjqph6Yjy8fbXvGcxQkLSwD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Thu May 6 15:43:46 UTC 2004

Hi,

Sorry for this off-topic email, but I have noticed that a number
of people on the list use istop as their provider.  I am also using
them (for a few days only), but I have a problem that maybe
others have also encountered and sovled.

I can't seem to keep to my modem "synchronized" (if that's the
correct term) for an extended period.  And when I lose the
connection, it is gone for hours at a time.  For example,
yesterday it was down in the morning, but then the modem
synchronized in the early afternoon and stayed up until around
8:00 at which time it went down again, until around midnight.

Before you ask, I have filters on every phone jack.

Presumably this has little to do with istop themselves, and more
to do with my modem and the local Bell office/center that the
modem is trying to synch with.

Has anyone encountered something like this?  Any suggestions?
Thanks for any insight.