perl file browser

Taavi Burns taavi-LbuTpDkqzNzXI80/IeQp7B2eb7JE58TQ at public.gmane.org
Thu May 6 03:21:03 UTC 2004

On Wed, May 05, 2004 at 10:26:40PM -0400, Phillip Mills wrote:
> On Wednesday, May 5, 2004, at 03:37 PM, Ilya Palagin wrote:
>
> >Of course, click 'Back' to go to parent, and loose all my selections
> >when I enter another subdir!
>
> Or use cookies (or some other session context) and save previous
> selections as if it were a shopping basket kind of application.  I'm
> sure there are a variety of ways to approach the problem, but I was
> focussing on Perl resources.

As long as the user keeps pressing forward (i.e. clicking links instead
of hitting the "Back" button), keeping state between screens is trivial
using the perl CGI modules.  It generally involves putting hidden values
in the form, so that the next time a link within that form is clicked,
those hidden values are sent along with the other visible form data
(i.e. the new input).

--
taa

   Without love we could not survive. Human beings are social creatures,
   and a concern for each other is the very basis of our life together.
      -His Holiness the Dalai Lama
/*eof*/