perl file browser

Ilya Palagin ilyapalagin-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Wed May 5 19:37:34 UTC 2004

Phillip Mills wrote:
> On Tuesday, May 4, 2004, at 07:40 PM, Madison Kelly wrote:
>
>>  Does anyone either know of a similar script that does this that I can
>> hack up and study or does anyone have any helpful advice they think
>> might help me if I do end up having to write this from the ground up?
>

> I don't know of anything specific to your needs, but I have a couple of
> meta-suggestions.
>
> 1) There's a lot of Perl code available a SourceForge with searchable
> project descriptions, starting at <http://perl.foundries.sourceforge.net/>.
> 2) O'Reilly's _Perl Cookbook_ is one of the most practical computer
> books available for cases where you know what you want to do, but need
> some specific implementation suggestions.

Yes, the book is great.  But the problem is that this script won't be
usable due to web interface limitations (to fix it, extensive
java-scripting is required).  For example, I entered into a subdirectory
and clicked of file names. Then I want to visit another subdir to select
more files. What do I do? Of course, click 'Back' to go to parent, and
loose all my selections when I enter another subdir!

On my opinion, another solution aside this script is required. I would
recommend ftp in this case.