Static IP

Zbigniew Koziol zkoziol-Zd07PnzKK1IAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed May 5 18:42:42 UTC 2004

> 1. how can a telephone achieve 300M/800K speed?

The numbers...

I would like to know myself. And that would be possible if I cared more ;) I
guess they impose a signal of radio-frequency on telephone line. It can not
go too far, but these let say 1 Mb per second can be achieved.

> 2. If I use internet through phone line, can I use phone in the same time.

You can. This is a nice advantage of ADSL over normal dial-up.

> 3. Could I use cable instead of phone line.

You could. But not with istop.com. You could with rogers.com, for instance.
But they are not going to give you static IP.

> The reason I need a static IP is I want to build my home webpage on my
> server. Later on I can do some labs such as building DNS, LAN, FTP ,ISP
> etc.

zb.