Static IP

hui xu louiehui_xu-FFYn/CNdgSA at public.gmane.org
Wed May 5 18:12:18 UTC 2004

All,

Thanks for everybody's help. I have checked istop.com web, but I got a new questions. It seems that I have to use telephone line +modem+filter to build a hi-speed internet with static ip. If what I am understanding is right, I got the following questions:

1. how can a telephone achieve 300M/800K speed?
2. If I use internet through phone line, can I use phone in the same time.
3. Could I use cable instead of phone line.

The reason I need a static IP is I want to build my home webpage on my server. Later on I can do some labs such as building DNS, LAN, FTP ,ISP etc.

Any suggestion will be welcomed!

Thanks!
Louie