perl file browser

Phillip Mills pmills-5bG9SNWDbRX3fQ9qLvQP4Q at public.gmane.org
Wed May 5 11:56:36 UTC 2004

On Tuesday, May 4, 2004, at 07:40 PM, Madison Kelly wrote:

>  Does anyone either know of a similar script that does this that I can
> hack up and study or does anyone have any helpful advice they think
> might help me if I do end up having to write this from the ground up?

I don't know of anything specific to your needs, but I have a couple of
meta-suggestions.

1) There's a lot of Perl code available a SourceForge with searchable
project descriptions, starting at
<http://perl.foundries.sourceforge.net/>.
2) O'Reilly's _Perl Cookbook_ is one of the most practical computer
books available for cases where you know what you want to do, but need
some specific implementation suggestions.

Phillip Mills
Multi-platform software development
(416) 224-0714