running bittorrent

Jing Su jingsu-26n5VD7DAF2Tm46uYYfjYg at public.gmane.org
Sun May 2 01:34:56 UTC 2004

> Date: Sat, 1 May 2004 21:29:47 -0400
> From: Mel Seder <melseder-/E1597aS9LQAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org>
> To: TLUG <tlug-lxSQFCZeNF4 at public.gmane.org>
> Subject: [TLUG]: running bittorrent
>
> I installed bittorrent without issue and copied the following from my terminal

> [root-lwfWIikfpTg at public.gmane.org Download]# rpm -Uvh bittorrent-3.3-0.fdr.2.fc1.noarch.rpm
> Preparing...                ########################################### [100%]
>         package bittorrent-3.3-0.fdr.2.fc1 is already installed
> [root-lwfWIikfpTg at public.gmane.org Download]# bittorrent
> bash: bittorrent: command not found
> [root-lwfWIikfpTg at public.gmane.org Download[]# su -l
> [root-lwfWIikfpTg at public.gmane.org root]# bittorrent
> -bash: bittorrent: command not found
> [root-lwfWIikfpTg at public.gmane.org root]#
>
> I did a file search from / for bittorrent using the gui off the Red Hat start
> menu but found nothing.  What do I have to do to run bittorrent?

First of all, NEVER run user programs as root.  Give yourself a user
account and run it as a user.

As for your question, you can get a list of the files installed by an RPM
by using the query -l switch.  eg:
rpm -ql bittorrent

Look for what it installs in /usr/bin/

If you're looking for the ncurses client version, you'll likely want to
run:
btdownloadcurses.py

BitTorrent is written in Python, hence the .py ending.

-Jing