running exim mail server

dave morton dmorton-VBJBm02B4Ag at public.gmane.org
Wed Mar 31 20:38:09 UTC 2004

Hi all:

I am trying to set up a mail server for internet access.

Debian, exim 3.35 (woody)

My firewall rule for port 25:        iptables -A INPUT -j ACCEPT -p  tcp
--dport 25

I can retrieve mail remotely from the pop server, but I can't send from
outside hosts.

Typing  'telnet mycompany.com 25'  on a remote computer causes a
'connection refused' response
Typing  'telnet mycompany.com 25' on the local server allows the connection
ready for transmit/receive

I have configured eximconfig by answering option #1 (mail service for
internet use)

Dave