USB-flash Swiss Army knife

Henry Spencer henry-lqW1N6Cllo0sV2N9l4h3zg at public.gmane.org
Wed Mar 31 20:11:08 UTC 2004

Details of the Victorinox USB-flash-drive Swiss Army knife can now be
found on www.victorinox.com.

As I conjectured from the earlier press release, it's one of their small
pocket knives.  So no corkscrew. :-)  Knife blade, nailfile with screwdriver
point, scissors.  As I suspected, it has a (red) LED flashlight and a pen.
No toothpick or tweezers, unfortunately.  (The toothpick I wouldn't miss
but the tweezers are a real loss.)

Apparently only the 64MB version exists at the moment.  Yes, the
compatible-OSes list includes Linux.

One useful feature that wasn't clear from the press release is that the
flash "blade" is removable, so you don't have to hang the whole knife on
the USB slot to use it.

And there is a fascist-friendly version which deletes the knife, nailfile,
and scissors so you can take it on a plane, maybe.

Henry