Help sought: TLUG/CLUE sites are down

G. Matthew Rice matt-s/rLXaiAEBtBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Tue Mar 30 23:23:00 UTC 2004

Hi guys,

In case anyone hasn't noticed, the server that hosts the TLUG and CLUE
websites [and the CLUE mailing lists, @linux.ca e-mail aliases, ...] died on
the weekend.  A new server is apparently being built but it's been a few days
now.

I'm going to take up a standing offer to put the CLUE server in at McMaster
and I'm looking to see if anyone's got a spare, reliable computer that they
could donate?  Nothing over-powerful.  A good CPU, 256-ishMB and a couple of
IDE drives to RAID would be great.  Unfortunately, I don't have enough spare
parts that I trust to do this.

Feel free to contact me off list, if you can help.

In the meantime, the web site is temporarily up on my server [no mailing
lists or new aliases can be created, though] and the current aliases are
going through one of my mail servers.  So no worries about losing e-mail for
those that rely on the @linux.ca aliases.

Regards,
--
g. matthew rice <matt-s/rLXaiAEBtBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org>                            starnix inc.
phone: 905-771-0017 x242                        thornhill, ontario, canada