Computing and Politics

SRB srb-s8PdfxpoPdHk1uMJSBkQmQ at public.gmane.org
Tue Mar 30 13:36:47 UTC 2004

Another thing we should try to protect is our language. "Favor" and
"neighbor" are not properly spelled in Marcus' message (unless you are from
the USA). This is sometimes the most annoying influence of Americanism that
is ever pervasive in our culture.

We have laws to make sure all packaging sold in our country has proper
French on the labels (which I completely agree with as we are an officially
bilingual country), however most goods from the USA have our English spelled
wrong. :-)

-Steve.