OT: dead monitor

Andy Jack f.e.jack-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Tue Mar 30 04:39:38 UTC 2004

On Mon, Mar 29, 2004 at 11:09:12PM -0500, Elliott Chapin wrote:
> I have a pretty dead Mag 15T to get rid of, but don't know how to.
> Recommendations, please.

Residents of Peel Region can drop off monitors and other electronic
components at the Community Recycling centres in Brampton, Caldeon,
Bolton, and Mississauga whenever the Battleford centre opens (probably
in the next few months).  Proof of residency is "required" but I wonder
if the busy people at the depots take the time to look at everyone's
driver's licence.

http://www.peelregion.ca/pw/waste/resident/bramrecydepot.htm#dropoff
http://www.peelregion.ca/pw/waste/resident/depots-acceptable-items.htm

If you're trying to be completely eco-conscious, I don't know if the
monitors are de-manufactured and separated into elemental materials
for park benches and other happy things, or just put on a boat and
dumped in another country.  Probably worth an ask if its important to
you.

http://www.peelregion.ca/pw/waste/wastelin.htm

Andy